I never saw this adorable page Cindy created. Check it out. Great photos/video of pumpkin carving. Yahoo.
Please come help us unload our first truckload of Christmas Trees.
Who: Galloping Grace Youth Ranch Christmas Corral
What: Be a Christmas Hero and Help unload Christmas Trees
When: November 26, 2013 @ 10:00 a.m.
Where: Santa Ana Star Center, Upper West Parking Lot
3001 Civic Center Circle
Rio Rancho, NM
Thank you for your time and service – we greatly appreciate you!
The Christmas Corral will open this Friday, November 29 @ 9am and will run through December 22 or until we run outta trees!
We look forward to seeing you at the Corral!
Board of Directors, President
Galloping Grace Youth Ranch
My poor abandoned blog.
Seems like life and selling pumpkins has really thwarted (such a great word) my writing. Well, that and lack of motivation. We have been in our new house for almost a month and I still haven’t hooked up my computer. Without that up and running, I cannot download pictures of the patch to share. Vicious cycle, the procrastinating and lack of time drama.
Here is a little news in bullets:
- We are doing well at our new location at the Star Center. It was a scary move, but we’ve received great feedback. Most people say it might be farther out, but it’s worth it. “It’s so much bigger.” “I feel like I’m out at a farm.” “You’re worth the drive.”
- Our volunteers are AMAZING!! So many of our faithful and kicked in even more hours. We are so very grateful. Plus, we have many new dedicated helpers. Just amazing. Right now I am blogging because I know there will be people there to open for us this morning.
- This Saturday we are going to attempt to break the Guinness World Record of “most people simultaneously carving a pumpkin”. It’s fun to see the excited expressions when we let customers know about it. PLEASE come out and help us make it a reality. 3 PM. Also, kindly bring 127 of your closest friends to participate. The current record is 965. We can do this! We’ll provide the pumpkins, we just need the carvers!
- Yes, a meanie head set one of our giant hay bales on fire. It was the squinty-eyed one on Unser just north of Northern. Sad stuff. Thank you to the RR Fire Department and the City of Rio Rancho for cleaning up the mess. We should all probably pray for the person who did it.
- My hands are looking weathered. My nose is unusually darker than the rest of my face. All is normal for this time of year.
- Our pedal carts have been a real pain in the rear. Being that they cost $1K each, you’d think they’d be a little more durable. Sigh. Also, hoppy horses are having a very rough season. Too many people pulling on their ears has really made them rebel. All but one is adamantly refusing to hold any air. Max has tried numerous times to reason with them to no avail.
- Goats are having the time of their lives. Like totally. They most definitely LOVE the pumpkin patch. This is when the small humans thrust cups of delectable morsels at them.
Max just walked in the door from dropping off the kids. He was hoping I’d be ready for a breakfast out on the town. Instead, I am still in my jammies. You know me, the faithful blogger. . .
We are closing the patch for the rest of the day due to dangerous high winds. Be safe and don’t get blown away!
Four days under our belt. The 2013 season is off to a rip-roarin’ start.
This past weekend was absolutely awesome. We were a little nervous switching locations, but SaturdayBold (Ctrl + B) and Sunday told us we just might be OK. We saw many customers from the Irving location and met a lot of new faces. HUGE thank you to all the volunteers who came out to make it happen. We are truly blessed to get the help we do. If you’ve ever considered volunteering for us, please do. We know we’re only going to get busier and busier! Our board president, Tamara, has been doing an outstanding job of organizing the volunteers. We invested in a new program that really helps with that. Please go to the volunteer tab and sign up. (PLEASE!)
Remember, we’re at the STAR CENTER, NOT the Casino.
Star Center, not Casino. Star Center, not Casino. (That is my newest jingle. Sing it loud and proud, people.)
Once I locate my power strip (we’ve recently moved and items are scattered in many different locales), maybe I’ll plug in my computer so I can download some pictures to share. We have some super cute hay bales you absolutely need to see.
Have yourselves a terrific Tuesday.